If you have had a stroke and are looking for rehabilitation options the latest innovation in stroke recovery is now in Australia and exclusive to RoboFit. Current locations in Sydney and Wollongong.
Australia’s first neuro-responsive exoskeleton for survivors of stroke that are looking to increase their strength, mobility, and reduce muscle spasticity. The Hybrid Assistive Limb (HAL) exoskeleton uses sensory feedback to listen to signals being sent to the muscles from the brain. By picking up your signals HAL provides a neuro feedback loop to the brain to encourage neuroplasticity and improvements in functional capacity.
Using upper and lower limb exoskeletons, our team at RoboFit can personalise your therapy and rehabilitation program to meet your goals where you are at.
Experience the advantages of RoboFit for yourself with a comprehensive suitability assessment including two sessions in the HAL suit. Our team will then work with you to develop your ongoing program completely personalised to your goals, NDIS package, aged care funding or other funding packages.
Contact the team now to schedule a trial.
Explore what’s possible
Australia’s first neuro-responsive exoskeleton for survivors of stroke that are looking to increase their strength, mobility, and reduce muscle spasticity. The HAL exoskeleton uses sensory feedback to stimulate the muscles in a natural way, allowing you to exercise in ways you never thought possible.
Experience the advantages of RoboFit for yourself with a comprehensive suitability assessment including two sessions in the HAL suit.
Using an exoskeleton can offer several functional benefits if you are recovering from a stroke. Here are some potential benefits;
- Gait and mobility assistance; exoskeletons can provide assistance in walking and mobility for post stroke impairment. By supporting your movements exoskeletons may help you regain strength and coordination in your upper and lower limbs.
- Muscle activation and retraining; if you are looking to regain muscle control and improve motor function neuro controlled exoskeletons can help detect muscle activation and retraining. This can be done by providing targeted assistance and resistance as required to progress movement.
- Balance and stability support; if you are experiencing balance issues, using an exoskeleton can provide additional support and reduce falls risk. Our team will work with you to develop a plan that while training your lower limbs, you are engaging and activating your core and trunk.
- Rehabilitation and therapy; encouraging neuroplasticity can be done by repetitive and controlled movements with the assistance of an exoskeleton. We work with you to provide targeted exercise to encourage neuroplasticity and functional recovery.
- Psychological and motivational benefits; are you wanting to see your progress in your ability to move and walk with and without an exoskeleton to enhance your overall and mental well-being.
Get started with upper and lower limb neuro controlled exoskeletons by completing our enquiry form below.
Building on a foundation of traditional exercise physiology, our certified therapists harness the power of HAL to help stroke survivors achieve their goals.
Our sessions are done in a safe environment with falls prevention practices in place, with therapists using real-time data from the exoskeletons to meticulously craft a personalised training session.
Neurological physiotherapy targets neuroplasticity. Neuroplasticity is the ability of neural networks in the brain to change and adapt through experience, growth, and re-organization.
Treatments for stroke survivors are focused on improving motor control, balance and coordination.
We offer remote consultations with our therapists for those wishing to explore what training at RoboFit can do for them.
We offer a free 30 minute weekly group telehealth session that anyone can join and do from their home.
Contact our team to join these sessions.
Working alongside RoboFit are a team of multidisciplinary partners who are passionate about helping people with a spinal cord injury to achieve their goals.
Where our team doesn’t have the right fit of skills for what you need we will try to help you find the right help.